- DELIVERY INFORMATION
We aim to dispatch all orders within 7-10 working days (usually less, but does exclude Weekends & Bank Holidays). We only dispatch to U.K addresses and sadly, we can not accept PO box addresses.
Once you've received dispatch notification, please allow up to 14 working days for your order to be delivered. Packages are being delivered almost daily by our preferred carriers (APC/DPD/UPS/Yodel). Although Royal Mail tries to maintain a standard UK delivery of up to 3 - 5 working days, they do recommend to allow around 10 - 14 working days, due to their service levels being increased.
- Northern Ireland Shipping
Some items may not be available for Northern Ireland Shipping.
In preparation for the new VAT rules for importing into Northern Ireland which are coming into effect on 1st July 2021, we have been reviewing our delivery options for our Northern Ireland customers.
Following our review, we are sorry to advise that for the time being, some items (not all) are only able to be ordered to addresses in Great Britain (England, Scotland & Wales).
We've tried to clearly label all products excluded from Northern Ireland Shipping, please note any orders with an item that cant be shipped will be refunded for the item(s) that are unavailable
- POSTAGE, PACKAGING & HANDLING RATES:
- £4.99 (orders under 2kg)
- £6.50 (orders over 2kg).
We use a variety of suppliers and distribution centres all across the UK. From the 3 people in York, and 7 in Argyll supplying our Viking Range. To the Team based in Sheffield, providing our bathroom heaven and holistic products. To the dedicated team based in Cornwall shipping our gothic ranges! Without them keeping us on track we wouldn't of supplied over 600 orders in less than 6 months!!
- WHAT PAYMENTS DO YOU ACCEPT?
We accept Google Pay, Apple Pay as well as the following card and payment methods:
- Shop Pay
- Visa Electron/Debit
- American Express
- WHAT DOES MY ORDER STATUS MEAN?
You are always able to check the status of an order by logging into your customer account at https://blackcatboutique.co.uk/account/login
If you didn't create an account when checking out, your can still do so by creating an account using the same email address used when placing your order.
If the below information does not answer your question, please do contact us at email@example.com
- Payment Declined/Failed: Something has gone wrong, please try placing your order again or contact us.
- Unfulfilled: Your order has been received successfully and is ready to be packed in one of our distribution centres.
- Fulfilled: Your order has been sent out.
- Partially Fulfilled: Part of your order has been sent out from one of our distribution centres. As we use a variety of fulfilment centres all across the UK, to maintain our excellent Service Level Agreement some orders may arrive in separate packages. Please don't panic if this is the case.
- Order Cancelled: Your order has been cancelled either because you have requested it to be or because the item you have purchased is no longer available and we have been unable to get in contact with you (if we do not hear from you within 48 hours order will be automatically cancelled).
- Refunded: Your order has been refunded.
- ARE YOUR PRODUCTS VEGAN OR VEGETARIAN FRIENDLY?
All of our cosmetic and bathroom products are Vegan Friendly apart from Artisan Propolis - Olive Oil Soap, Donkey Milk - Olive Oil Soap, Handmade Soap Slice - Honey, Margarita Cocktail Bath Bomb Set Artisan Olive Soap - Artisan Tea, Dark Brown Magic - Cocktail Bath Bombs.
We use colours and ingredients that weren't used or tested on animals or produced from insects. Some of our products are made with leather or boar hair; it will be specified in the description and / or name of the product.
- IS THE PALM OIL USED IN YOUR PRODUCTS RSPO CERTIFIED?
Our main supplier of our 'Bathroom Heaven' collection are committed to sustainability in the giftware and cosmetic market. They pride themselves in having ethical manufacturers and importer status. Dealing only with members of RSPO and POIG, we want to raise awareness of good palm oil among our customers and consumers so that they can make more informed purchase choices.
- ESSENTIAL OILS
Our Essential Oils are studiously selected, bought more often than not from primary sources, tested for purity and subjected to rigorous quality control standards. Our supplier has been sourcing and bottling Essential Oils for over 22 years gradually weeding out unreliable supply lines and always striving to improve quality and value. We believe our Essential Oils offer the best quality and value on the market.
The information provided on our ecommerce site and through other Social Media Channels such as Facebook is for personal information and interest only. It is not intended to offer professional medical advice or treatment for any condition. You should not use our site or advice within to treat health conditions or to self-diagnose. We recommend that you consult your GP or nurse if you have any health concerns whatsoever.
All of our advice has been provided on the basis that there are no known contra-indications to treatment. If you have any health problems or are taking any medication you should seek advice from your healthcare provider prior to using aromatherapy. We would also advise that you make an appointment with a local aromatherapist who will be able to take a full case history and offer you tailored treatment advice.
Please note that Black Cat Boutique accepts no liability for misuse of essential oils or any other products it suppliers or for any reliance on the information provided by us via our ecommerce site or other Social Media channels.
- ESSENTIAL OIL SAFETY
Essential oils are highly concentrated, powerful liquids. Their potency must be respected and they can be toxic if used incorrectly. The way you handle and use essential oils is very important. Please read the following advice to help ensure that you use essential oils safely and effectively. Please note that this list does not constitute a complete safety reference. If you are unsure please contact a qualified local aromatherapist for more advice.
- Certain essential oils are flammable liquids.
- Keep out of the reach of children.
- If you have a medical condition and are taking any medication or undergoing any type of medical treatment you should check with your doctor and a qualified aromatherapist to ensure that it is safe to use aromatherapy in conjunction with your prescribed treatment.
- Certain essential oils should be avoided during pregnancy.
- Always consult a qualified aromatherapist before using essential oils with babies and children.
- Never take essential oils orally and avoid all contact with the mouth area and eyes.
- Essential oils should never be applied undiluted to the skin as they can cause irritation (there are only a couple of exceptions to this rule i.e. Lavender and Tea Tree). Follow all recipes and methods carefully and do not increase the amount of essential oil quoted.
- Certain essential oils (i.e. spices) can cause skin irritation for people with sensitive skin. If you have sensitive skin we recommend performing a small patch test prior to using any new oil or product.
- A few essential oils such as Bergamot and other citrus oils are phototoxic which means they can cause skin sensitisation and skin discolouration in bright sunlight. These oils should be not be applied to the skin before direct exposure to sunlight.
- OIL BURNER AND CANDLE SAFETY INFORMATION
We have put together the following safety information regarding the use of these products:
The following information should always be followed when using a candle holder or oil burner product.
- Never leave a burning candle unattended. Burn out of the reach of children and pets.
- Always place a burning candle/oil burner on a suitable surface away from flammable objects.
- Extinguish candles with a candle snuffer, do not blow them out.
- Never use water to extinguish a candle.
- Always read and follow the manufacturer's instructions on candles.
- Remove all packaging before use.
- Do not allow hot wax to come into contact with skin.
- Always use a standard tea light candle for all oil burner products.
- Please take care when moving an oil burner/ candle holder as these may get hot while in use. Leave sufficient time for the product to cool down.
- Always ensure the oil is diluted before using with an oil burner.
- Not all oil burners are suitable for wax melt products.
- Candles for hanging or outdoor use should be carefully secured at all times.
- DO YOU HAVE ALL THE NECESSARY PAPERWORK FOR YOUR COSMETIC PRODUCTS?
All of our products intended for cosmetic use are certified and tested as required by law, and ingredients for any of these items are available upon request and printed with appropriate CLP compliance labels where appropriate and required on the product itself.
- ARE YOU INSURED?
We comply with all UK laws to protect our customers and ourselves and are fully insured by or policy provider "PolicyBee" for Public liability insurance, Products liability insurance & Legal expenses insurance.
- HOW CAN I AMEND AN ORDER, OR ADD A DELIVERY INSTRUCTIONS AFTER AN ORDER HAS BEEN PLACED?
If you wish to leave any instructions for an order, or amend any details after an order has been placed please email us stating the order number and amendments as soon as possible, once it leaves one of our warehouses we cannot make any changes to the address so please make sure it is correct and complete. (Please note in some cases an amendment cannot be made manually and we may have to cancel and refund the order for it to be placed again).
During Working hours we aim to reply to all urgent enquiries (Cancellations, Change of Address etc) in a maximum of 1 hour - 4 hours. All other enquires will be responded to within 48 - 72 hours (May take longer during busy periods).
Our Office Hours are Monday-Saturday 10.00am - 8.00pm (Closed Bank Holidays)
*if you have replied directly to an automated order confirmation email
or despatch email please resend your message directly to firstname.lastname@example.org